TLG Shoppers

Aug 06, 2012
review #337333

Signed up with TLG Great Fun.Provided them with all my info.

They informed me I could cancel at any time. About an hour later, I had buyer's remorse and called to cancel. I spoke with a supervisor who said she would cancel and refund my $1 trial fee. My fault for not reviewing my VISA statements on this charge for 9 months as the supervisor had taken me off TLG Great Fun and enrolled me for another $1 in TLG Shoppers.

I was charged $16.99/mo. for nine months before I discovered this. I was finally able to get the charges to stop with the help of VISA.

VISA said they would refund only 4 months of the charges because of their protection of 120 days.Instead of buyers remorse, I recommend buyer beware on this one.

aad55e1
Had an experience with Tlg Shoppers?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Sep 19

Same problem here, but at least I caught it after only 1 month.

jrdunnjerryl

Jan 22, 2013 Salt Lake City, Utah

I was very happy that a few people posted the phone number for TLG or also known as, Advantage Shopping. I called and requested that my account be canceled. Don't allow the rep to do anything other than cancel. He or she is going to try to get you to accept catalogs, a continued membership, etc. It may take about 4-5 restatements of your intent to cancel, but you'll finally get a cancelation number. I suggest you also request a mailed letter confirming the cancelation. Good Luck

Brent

Dec 12, 2012

I had to go through my credit card company to finally put a stop to these theives!!!! Called every division of tlg all 40 of them!!! You get nowhere with them they are pathetic!!!! Would love to know exactally where they are based out of so i can personal go there n give um a piece of my god *** mind!!!!

Matt P

Nov 28, 2012

I just noticed on my bank statement that I had the similar $21.95 from TLG Shopper. I did opt out online over 2 months ago and I am still being charged. I went to my bank- the best solution is to cancel my credit card and get a new card reissued so these thieves no longer have any of your credit card information. javascript:ac_smilie(':(')

Margharita

Nov 06, 2012

Dude! Call your credit card company, bank and dispute the transactions. Cancel the credit if you have to. This seems to be a recurrent scam!!! I was charged 12.99$ on a CC I never used.

???

Nov 03, 2012

Just got off the phone with TLG phone # is 800-526-4848. If you don't get the answer you want get the supervisor on the phone. We were charged $21.95 a month.

Irene

Nov 01, 2012

Does anyone have a legit telephone number for these "nice" :/ thiefs :?

Tanya

Sep 25, 2012

:cry I was charged $21.95 twice by TLG Shopper & $19.99 once by GreatFN within a one month time frame NOT INCLUDING the $1 charges here and there from both of these companies! I am livid!! There is nothing I can do about this company STEALING my money?? It's scary. I had to cancel my card and get a new one. I wish they were the ones that were having to pay me back!!!

Lucy L Rhodes

Sep 15, 2012

there are 2 purchases that are on my bank account to TLG. I have never been to this web site before now. it has over drawn my account. if some one will call me or email me, i really need to talk to someone.
phone 304-415-0551 or email lucy71chevy@yahoo.com
lucy l rhodes

Dick

Sep 04, 2012

I got scammed also BUT I was told that if I filled out the form they would send me they would return ALL the past debits not only 4.
Everyone should call them again and get the form to get all their money back

Alicia

Aug 29, 2012

I just noticed I was charged 16.99 from TLG Shopper and it wasn't authorized by me. How in the *** do I get this to stop?

sri

Dec 19, 2012 Houston, Texas

I realize that the culprit is Spirit Airlines, They will give an offer or a free coupon when you book a ticket and to use it we need to enroll the membership of TLG shoppers and great funds.
Once you call them they are eager to enroll. If we don't want to continue membership and ask for cancellation, they will cancel but they will cancel only one membership not the two.
Many people don't know that there are two memberships. so they will charge you monthly fee. It may take months to realize that they didn't cancel membership. They charged me 6 months each month $16.99.
I called them and asked for the refund they says that I am not eligible for refund because I enrolled my self.
I told that I cancelled after couple of days so refund my money.
Representative told that they didn't receive any call for cancellation and he is going to refund of one month or two months fee.
Then I requested to connect to his manager, She is saying that she is going to refund 4 months and she gave me the reference # for the refund and cancellation of membership and she told that I made a cancellation call six months ago but it is for only one membership. She is saying that it is my fault that not cancelled both the memberships.
She suggested me to send a fax request to get the remaining 2months refund(I don't believe that they will refund). I hope I can dispute these charges with the bank but not all of them.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Tlg Shoppers.
Filing a new complaint about
×